SEE Design is recruiting an experienced senior Graphic Designer.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your forte will be print-design and branding with a particular focus on conceiving and illustrating scientific infographics.
You may also be tasked with website design (including interface), blog design (creatively supporting articles with stock sourced photos or comping together product and lifestyle montages), catalogues, illustration and story-boarding.
You will work under the guidance of two senior designers.
Key attributes we look for in candidates are: integrity, a spirit of service and – as a designer – a fastidious (bordering on the piteous!) attention to detail.
Although we’re recruiting a candidate based in Montreal, it is an international position in a number of ways. You will attend client meetings several times a year abroad – here there’s generally flexibility to choose dates with personal commitments respected. Additionally you’ll have colleagues both in Montreal and Europe. Finally once a year our complete team aims to meet in London, England for summer and/or Christmas celebrations.
• MA in Graphic Design or equivalent education in a related field.
• Extensive design portfolio, ideally including work on globally leading brands, institutions or charities.
Over 7 years of agency experience.
• Expert skill in Adobe CC applications: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for at least 7 years.
• Experience in building brands from scratch and developing existing brands within guidelines.
• Dedicated to detail.
• Time management and flexibility.
• A willingness to work out of regular working hours occasionally, but it goes both ways, you are not required to be at your computer throughout the day, rather that you manage your time – and energy! – to deliver projects in reasonable and well communicated timelines.
• Fluent English, especially written. A significant amount of communication in our company is non-verbal with a lot of work done by email, group chat or on our job platform. From time to time designers meet face-to-face with clients.
• Foreign language skills a welcome bonus. Many of our commissions are non-English, especially skill in non-Latin languages will be useful: Mandarin, Japanese and Korean.
• Based in Montreal, QC, Canada.
Contact us by our website, or one of the numbers below.